Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Get Well Faith



Last night I found my dog, Faith, curled up in the bathroom shaking/shivering. I picked her up and she yelped out in pain. I carried her to my bed and put a sweater on her then put her under the covers and prayed for her. It was the scariest night of my life.

In the morning I took her to the vet and found out she had a slipped disc in her back and she was running a fever. She received shots and the doc sent me home with some meds. I'm so thankful that he only charged me 1/2 the price.

This is the first time in my life I've felt totally helpless and emotional for someone/something other than myself. Faith is my best friend and my love. She's my daughter. For the first time I understand how my mother felt when she saw me in the hospital totally unable to walk or even stand up. I feel helpless. I should be able to protect Faith and I don't want her to ever hurt. I don't know what to do. She won't eat, she walks slow, her personality has even lost its zing. This really hurts me.

Mixed in with my emotions for my dog is a bit of anger. When I was unable to stand after I mysteriously collapsed, my mother put me on a flight back to Atlanta that very same morning. I was hurt and angry she would make such a poor decision, but now those emotions are intensified. I couldn't imagine leaving Faith's side even for a moment. It hurt me to even go to the grocery store so I could cook her some ground turkey. I refuse to let her our of my sight.

I've posted a video of Faith playing with her favorite toy when she was a puppy (almost 1yrs old), now she's just about 3. This is Faith in all her playful and feisty glory. If I never see this Faith again, I'll be sad, but I'll love her just the same. She's my special love. My hope, my joy, my everything. She's always been there for me in my darkest days. Nobody can lick a forehead or sleep on your hair like she can! (lol)

Get Well Soon
Miss. Faith Nicole Taylor

No comments: